Mythology Island Walkthrough
Well, I finished Mythology Island and it’s a lot of fun. It’s a pretty long island, kind of like Astro-Knights. There are some really fun parts to this island and some very difficult puzzles to solve. The final battle with Zeus is a lot of fun! Here is the complete video walkthrough for the island. I will post the written version just as soon as I can type it all up! In the meantime, enjoy the video walkthrough and good luck finishing Mythology Island!
Enter the Museum of Olympus (the brown building) and head right until you find the area with the statues. Find Poseidon’s statue and take the pink starfish off of it. Then leave the museum and walk left to the sign labeled “Tree of Immortality.”
Golden Apple – Climb up the large tree until you find a satyr (half-human, half-goat). Because the tree is rather huge, it might take a while to find him, but he’ll be waiting for you. The satyr will tell you that nymphs have stolen his honey and have hidden his honey around the tree. You have 60 seconds to race around the tree and collect 10 pots of honey for him. Once you’ve done that, talk to the satyr again. A new secret path will appear. Climb up on it, and get to the tip of the branch with a golden fruit hanging on it. Pick the fruit off, jump down and grab the “Golden Apple.”
Zeus’s Offer – The god Zeus will descend from a sky of darkness and speak to you. When he leaves, a scroll will appear in the spot where he was just standing. Reach for the “Sacred Items Scroll.” Examine it to find out what you need to collect for Zeus and he will say he will give you immortality. Leave the tree and you will see the goddess Athena. Ask for her help, and she will say look to the olive trees for help.
Drachma and Teleportation Mirror – Jump off the cliff to the right of the temple, and help clean off the graffiti on Hades’ Temple by clicking on the graffiti and scrubbing it clean by swiping with your mouse. Now talk to the kid in front of the temple and he will give you one golden drachma. Go inside the Temple of Poseidon and use the starfish from the museum as an offering. Suddenly the door will open. Go inside and go down the beach. There you will find Aphrodite, who will have you guess the names of assorted gods. When that’s done, she gives you a Teleportation Mirror.
For your reference, here’s the list of gods in the order that Aphrodite asks you to guess them in:
- Avoid the falling stalactites by moving away from the general direction (left/center/right) they are falling at!
- Duck away from the flaming skulls by crouching down low so they’ll miss your head!
- Jump up high when you see a river monster heading towards you to get away from their attack!
- Don’t use any items from the Poptropica Store, because it slows down movement. (If you’re willing to take that risk, then we recommend using the Minimizer item which makes it easier to avoid obstacles!)
- Your main objective here is to stay on the boat and not fall into the river, long enough for Charon to have time to take you to the other side. If the game tells you that your soul was claimed by the River Styx, just try again until you succeed!
Now that you can enter, your character will see a little snake on the grass and freak out over it. Thinking it’s no big deal, Hercules will attempt to get rid of it. It turns out to be the furious snake-headed Medusa, who is so angry she turns Hercules into a stone statue. Walk right to the mountainous area and talk to the giant selling bags of wind at Aeolus’ Wing Wagon. Use your drachma to buy a “Bag of Wind.” Aeolus will give you a wind boost to get you flying higher up so you can reach Zeus’ throne by climbing up a little further.
Inside the dark throne room, walk around and light up all four statues of Zeus by walking up to them. When that happens, Zeus will challenge you to battle. At this time, your character will use the powers of Hades’ crown and Poseidon’s trident combined. Here are some things you need to know about this final boss fight:
- When Zeus is throwing his electric round mini-clouds, try to fly around him, or around the screen.
- When Zeus throws his 8 lightning bolts, retreat and you can pass through the lightning.
- When he is about to charge at you, get away from him as fast as possible, then return to rapidly shoot at him.
- If you have only a few pink clouds left, retreat and recollect some pink clouds. If you lose all your pink clouds, you lose the battle. The pink clouds keep you in the air so you don’t fall off from flying around.
- When Zeus has the white electrify power on him (when he’s throwing the electric miniclouds and/or about to charge) don’t shoot him; your shots will rebound on you.
- Try not to touch Zeus in the battle, he hurts you in some way if you are too close to him.
When you’ve successfully defeated Zeus, Athena will award you with the Mythology Island Medallion and 100 credits to spend at the Poptropica Store! Congratulations, you have completed the Mythology Island quest!
Here is the video walkthrough, which is in four parts on YouTube.
Help for The Hard Parts
I’ll have a full written walkthrough very soon, but in the meantime, here are some answers to some of the frequently asked questions about Mythology Island. Having trouble? Post a question in the comments and I’ll try to answer it!
Getting the Pomegranate for Hades’ Altar
Before you get into the underworld of Hades to complete some of the tasks in your mission for Zeus, you’ll need to leave an offering of a pomegranate on the altar in Hades’ temple. A lot of people are having problems finding it. The pomegranates are in a tree in the Garden of the Sphinx, which is to the left and over the bridge from the Base of the Tree of Immortality. I wrote a whole post on how to get the pomegranates, but the short version is to jump up on the platforms above the sphinx and they’re yours for the taking.
Getting Hercules to Help You
Hercules won’t help you until you have all five items from Zeus’ quest. Once you have the five items, bring them to Athena. Zeus will appear and steal them. The big jerk! Once this happens, talk to Athena and she will tell you that Hercules will help you. You’ll need to have the magic mirror from Aphrodite because Hercules doesn’t want to have to walk. He’s so lazy!
Getting the Hydra Scale
You can see how to do this in the videos, but basically you need to jump up when the Hydra is about to strike. He will rear one of his heads back to attack and his eyes will bulge out. When this happens, jump up in the air and then try to land on top of his head. That head will get knocked out. When all five heads get knocked out, the Hydra will be asleep and you can click on him to get one of the scales.
Getting the Whisker from Cerberus
You’ll need the reed pipe you used to get into the Minotaur’s lair. You’ll also need to learn a song from one of the statues inside Apollo’s temple, where you found the reed pipe. Click on the statue that is holding a reed pipe and she will teach you a special song. When you pass her test, you’ll get a card in your backpack that shows the notes to play. Go to the Underworld and walk up to Cerberus. Play the notes you see on the card using your reed pipe and the big three-headed dog will fall asleep. Then just click on one of his whiskers to get it.