Mystery Train Departs,well, for members.
Yee-haw! Mystery Train Island has finally arrived in Poptropica after a lengthy wait. Paid members can access the newest Poptropica adventure right now. There was a cool moment when the counter hit zero and a train rolled across the screen. Woo-hoo! When you arrive in the game, you’ll be in Washington D.C. next to a train about to depart for Chicago and the World’s Fair. A number of Poptropica citizens are there trying to get on board to attend and see major attractions like the Ferris Wheel. Your first set of tasks will be to find a ticket to get on board and help many others as well–including a few famous travelers like Thomas Edison.
Here’s part one of the video walkthrough.
Check out the Mystery Train Island Cheats page to watch parts 2 through 4 of the walkthrough and to get the step-by-step written guide (coming soon!)
Sneak Peek for Non-Members
Not a paid member? Don’t worry. You can still get a sneak peek at Mystery Train Island. Non-members can travel to the island by balloon and walk around the Main Street area, where you’ll see some of the Poptropica citizens and the train at the station. You can even help Thomas Edison and board the train, but you won’t be able to complete the full quest. The island will open up completely to non-members in October.
Arrival on Mystery Train Island
- When you arrive, jump down and run to the left until you see a man pushing his luggage. This is Thomas Edison, the famous inventor. He needs your help getting his luggage loaded onto the train.
- Talk to him and then a puzzle mini-game will appear. Re-arrange the suitcases so that they line up left to right from smallest to largest. Then click on the plank of wood to create a ramp. You will push the luggage up into the cargo car of the train. So much work!
- Thomas Edison will give you a train ticket to ride the John Bull from Washington, D.C. to Chicago.
- Run over to the right until you get to the train door next to the Chicago World’s Fair poster. The cursor will say Ride Train. Hop on board!
On Board the Train
- Your first task is to talk to all the famous passengers on the train. The first is Ferris, the inventor of the Ferris wheel. He’s upset and will give you a copy of a telegram he received that says the wheel needs more power to work.
- Next run left and talk to Nikokla Tesla, who is standing outside of his cabin door.
- Then go inside Susan B. Anthony’s cabin and speak with her. She’ll give you a Women’s Suffrage Pamphlet.
- Go back outside and run to the left to talk with Gustav Eiffel. Then continue left until you come to a door marked with the name, Erik Weisz. Go inside and talk to the man there.
- Head back out and run to the left through several train cars until you reach a guy wearing a hat and a pencil in his ear. He’s a reporter from the New York Times. Talk to him and he’ll complain that the fair is second-rate because it’s in Chicago.
- Now go into Mark Twain’s cabin and speak with him.
- Leave Twain’s cabin and go to the left. You’ll pick up a pencil that’s lying on a table as you run past.
- Skip past Thomas Edison’s cabin and go into Mlle. Moreau’s room. Speak with her to hear her talk about how much better the World’s Fair in Paris was. She’ll give you a copy of her newspaper, Le Monde.
- Now you’ve met with everyone you need to. Go into Thomas Edison’s cabin and talk to him.
- He’ll tell you about his latest invention, a device which captures moving pictures. He’ll suggest that you try it out and once it starts working, he’ll leave to get the reporter from the New York Times.
- A cut-scene will appear showing the train heading into a tunnel.
- The room will go dark and when the lights come back on, the projector is missing! Thomas Edison and the reporter arrive and want to know what happened.
- Now you have to clear your name and find the person who stole the projector.